Bricks (opens new window) is a WordPress starter theme with builtin Bootstrap 5 integration. It uses Gulp to manage tasks commonly needed in WordPress development.
It is built with modularity in mind, taking full advantage of
get_template_part() both for templates and for theme functions.
It is jQuery-free, relying on VanillaJS both for its scripts and for external dependencies.
It is lightweight and SEO friendly, by optimizing all of its assets and using semantic HTML and best practices.
# Main features
- WP Bootstrap Navwalker (opens new window)
- Custom Gulp (opens new window) tasks
- CSS bundling, including Autoprefixer (opens new window) and PurgeCSS (opens new window)
- Code linting with ESLint (opens new window), Stylelint (opens new window) and phpcs (opens new window).
- BrowserSync (opens new window) live server.
- Automatic conversion of custom fonts into woff2 web format
- Pre-localized templates in several languages ( 🇨🇿 Czech | 🇫🇷 French | 🇩🇪 German | 🇮🇹 Italian | 🇱🇹 Lithuanian | 🇪🇸 Spanish )
- Support for further localization by generation of a
.pottemplate file (opens new window)
Bricks was born as a personal project, and should be currently considered as a beta. It is perfectly usable and it is already a good foundation for a WordPress project, but there is room for improvement, and changes, even relevant ones, should be expected.
Contributions are warmly welcome, especially about:
- code quality
- best practices
- open-source project standards